Outside Magazine: Blog Feed

Monday, March 26, 2012

Second Life

This is LittleTundra!


This is my avatar! Isn't he adorable!?!?!
I've never actually participated in a second life world like Sims or World of War Craft but I can see the appeal. The only thing that I don't like about Second Life is that is takes the user away from the real world. I can see using Second life as an educational tool could be beneficial.. potentially as a training workshop or maybe in conferences when you are meeting with people from different parts of the world.. but I think when it comes to programs close to home, I wouldn't relying on it. If public libraries have second life worlds available, I can see more and more people becoming reclusive and relying on second life rather than going to the library themselves and experiencing the library. But I guess that is the downside to most technology these days.

1 comment: